Archive for category Role-Playing
- Grid or octagon overlay of custom image to display character positions
- LoS and rage calculations
- Real time OR delayed response posting
- Round timing
- GM-fudgable die rolls
WoW runs smooth as glass on my box at max settings. Who know having a big enough PSU would make a big difference in graphics performance.
Sorry I haven’t seen much of you people lately. I’ve been seeing a lot of someone else and it bothers me that I’ve been neglecting you awesome peoples. We need to get a weekly game of some sort going I think. I’d be willing to host if someone picks the game and GMs it. I’d be up for Shadowrun, D&D, CthulhuTech, or really anything else. Let me know!
This summer, we’re hoping to run a Dungeons & Dragons campaign. I believe everyone who is meant to be invited has received notice by this point. This post is intended to be a resource regarding the details of the campaign, and will be updated periodically to reflect new information.
The campaign is The Red Hand of Doom, from Wizards of the Coast. I include this for your general enlightenment, but encourage everyone to avoid looking it up, lest you gain all the spoilers (and make us sad). Dan will be DMing this.
Important Note: This campaign is currently intended to be set in Eberron. Eberron has some variations in rules and has additional races, as well as a different pantheon. If you do not have access to an Eberron setting guide, let me know and I’ll get you hooked up with a copy.
For character creation, there are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
I have a new phone. It’s an LG Optimus V. When I’m using IRC on it, I tend to use the swype input method since it is faster than hitting each key. It works fairly well most of the time. Except when I try to swype in someone’s name.
You guys remember Chris (aka SandCat) from my birthday party? Well, he needs to get out of the house more often. He’s into books and DnD and I was wondering if you guys wanted to help me show him a good time by hanging out at a bookstore or doing a one-shot game session sometime? We can coordinate schedules.
I joined the D&D campaign that runs on Sunday nights in #xkcd-dnd (invitation required). My character is an Elf druid with a wolf companion (can’t have a mustelid until 3rd level and even then it’s a dire weasel – no ferrets or mink :P):
Well, I’m up for starting a CthulhuTech campaign. What’s everyone’s schedules look like?
I’m going to this tonight after 7:00.
Saturday January 15th
Vendor Room Open 10am to 6pm Chicago: New Moon Rising hosts Werewolf 11am to 6pm Milwaukee: Nocturnal Rapture hosts Vampire 7pm to 1am Milwaukee: Black Crusade hosts Sabbat 11am to 6pm Vampire:the Eternal Struggle Tournament Magic: the Gathering Tournament (hosted by Board Game Barrister LLC Open Gaming 10 am to 12am Guest Speakers: Richardson Productions, Blame Society, Shadowland, the great Luke Ski and more
5105 S Howell Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53207
Anyone else interested?
I’ve been quiet for a few days. I’ve been going to work and generally living daily life. But a few things of note should be mentioned:
- Me & Alicia – not happening. Probably mostly my fault, too. Mackenzie is helping me through the post-mortem. While this isn’t good news by any means, I’m not as upset about it as I thought I would be. In any case, I still think Alicia is an awesome person and TRON WAS FREAKING AWESOME!
- I have yet another root canal scheduled. After this one I will have no living nerve tissue in any of my four first molars. (#3 had root canal therapy and a retreat and then was extracted due to a recurring infection and anatomical complications. #14 had successful root canal therapy and is still fine. #30 had successful root canal therapy and is still fine.) #19 began to become sensitive and the dentist did post & core and crown prep on it last Thursday. But it’s gotten more painful since then so the dentist suggested I schedule a root canal appointment. It’s 3 weeks from now but ibuprofen works fine for the pain so I should be okay until then.
- I’m still working on the freelance Degree Scheduler for the Grand Lodge.
- I’ve joined a local furry group. Part of a sort of network of furries around the southern tip of Lake Michigan.
- I’m going to the Midwinter Gaming Con here in Milwaukee this weekend. E-mail or call me if you want to get a group together.
- I’ve decided that I really like the idea of Sean doing my fursona art. Even if I could afford Amber Williams’ very high rates (and wait the two year backlog she has), it wouldn’t be as personal and special as having a good friend draw the character. So thanks, Sean.
- I still haven’t found where they hide all the geeky girls, besides in other guys’ beds. 🙂
- And last night I managed to get a quote in xkcdb, said by me to PaulAgostinelli:
[18:54:32] PaulAgostinelli: I just had the mental image of cyberpunk breast implants with touch-sensing spike traps.
Other than that, it’s just been business as usual. Once school starts, I hope to attend weekly Shadowrun sessions again. I have Chrissymas prezzies for Mackenzie. And I still need people to help me drink the bottle of Gewürztraminer.
You are currently browsing the archives for the Role-Playing category.
- There's something wrong on the internet
- Beer Recommendation: Spaten Optimator
- A Glass with Purpose
- My Weekend
- Black Lagoon Awesome, but Silly Theme Song, Says Local Man
- Organ Manual Names
- A Quick Note on Aging Beer in General
- Unofficial Guide to PoM Character Personalities
- The Officers of a Blue Lodge