As things move to the cloud, I find it’s becoming more difficult to learn essential IT skills on your own. I used to be able to learn some basic system admin skills, software development skills, etc. on a home PC or maybe a home LAN setup with Linux, cheap-to-free tools, evaluation versions, etc. Nowadays, I’m finding it difficult to learn how to do stuff they’re asking for in job descriptions like “Large multiglobal enterprise support” and “Netscaler” and “IBM Websphere” and VMWare and Windows Server. Seriously – I can’t afford to buy a Windows Server license just to learn Windows server! Nor can I buy a large enterprise (complete with private cloud and SAN and other current IT stuff) to learn how to work in one. How do I get those skills?
- Degrees of the York Rite of Freemasonry
- Unix Pronunciation
- A Quick Note on Aging Beer in General
- Body Mods I'd Gladly Sign Up For
- A Glass with Purpose
- Deacon In Training
- Open Installation of West Allis Chapter #84 R.A.M.
- Organ Manual Names
- Stick Maintenance
- Black Lagoon Awesome, but Silly Theme Song, Says Local Man