1) I ❤ my router. It consistently gets months and months of uptime, and it’ll tell me how much bandwidth we’ve used. So far this month it’s sitting at 184.08 GB; this year it’s at…whoa..that’s high.. 1,936.57 GB. I’ll be damned.
2) I got the paperwork from my insurance company for how much my dentist got paid from my last 2 visits. For 2 1-hour blocks he got $837.90 and I “have” to pay $302.10 more. I’ve never actually had to worry about my bit. Though, it does make a mention that my deductible of $25 is satisfied.
3) I have to go in for a root canal on the 4th. I don’t exactly have an abscess, but my nerve is dead. I’ve noticed this for the past visit or so, but the dental assistant will go up to whoever is doing scheduling and tell them to put me in her block.
4) For the past 3 years I’ve been on some type of medication on Christmas.
5) I’m getting a Samsung N150 for the hell of it. Windows 7 on my laptop isn’t exactly a speed demon; the netbook is powered by an Atom N450 running Windows 7. Guess what’s not staying on there. So, I’m thinking either Ubuntu Netbook Edition, MeeGo, Jolicloud, or lastly, openSUSE. Any thoughts?
6) My gramps wanted nothing to do with the picking of his and my grammas headstone. All he said was that he didn’t want the coloring because it was an extra $1000 or so. So, my mom and uncle picked out a white one with engraved roses, a polish saying, and brass features (lettering, cross, etc). My gramps then decided he didn’t like the brass features because they can be ripped off. Now those are going to be engraved and covered with gold leaf. Now, the roses, he doesn’t know if he wants those in color or leafed yet. Either way, they’re going to need touching up every other year or so. I just don’t understand the logic here. Oh, and we found out the size of the thing and it’s supposed to be 4’x2’6″ and sitting atop its base.
7) My aunt is really, REALLY, batshit crazy. No one wants to go there for Christmas with my uncle still at work. My gramps even said he doesn’t want to go there. I can tell you exactly what’s going to happen too; we’re going to arrive a half hour late to her slamming stuff around and yelling. Christmas dinner is definitely harder to make than Thanksgiving and she has enough of a problem with just a bird. She’s the one that asked for a “copy of the receipt” for grammas funeral (seriously, why the fuck would anyone want that?), asked my gramps if he’d be getting a refund from Ruth Hospice because gramma died within a number of days..and one that she’ll never live down..she slashed my uncle and they had the whole Psycho blood streaks all through the kitchen.